Career Placement Office
The Dominican House of Studies is “committed to imparting to its students a capacity for serious scholarship and a basic competence in philosophy and theology through the study of St. Thomas Aquinas in dialogue with the best of contemporary thought. For ministry preparation it offers a comprehensive program of studies integrated with spiritual and pastoral components in order to form students, imbued with a desire for holiness, capable of effective preaching and competent pastoral ministry.”
The Career Placement Office serves the student body by helping our graduates to find employment opportunities in education, pastoral care, parish ministry and other Church ministries. The purpose of this student service is to enable our graduates to put the theological and pastoral formation received at the DHS at the service of the Church.
In the course of career consultations, students will be assisted with resume writing and resume review as well given assistance with identifying possible employment opportunities in the following fields of Church ministry:
- Higher Education and Research.
- Pastoral Ministries in a parish community
- Administrative professions in Catholic Universities, and other Church institutes and organizations.
- Publication, Communications, and Media organizations that serve the Church.
Resume Development and Review
The Career Placement Office provides assistance with reviewing and, if needed, the writing of student resumes.
Online Job Resources
- Catholic Jobs online
- Chronicle of Higher Education job postings
- USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) job listings
- Archdiocese of Washington employment opportunities listing
- Diocese of Arlington employment opportunities
- Archdiocese of Baltimore – employment opportunities search page
- Job postings on website of the Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies in Marriage and Family
- Church Staffing job listings
The Province of St. Joseph has a blog with the latest information about vocations to the Dominican Order.