The Dominican House of Studies
All faculty, students, and staff of the PFIC and residents of the Dominican House of Studies (DHS) have visiting and borrowing privileges.
Click here to search the library’s collections through the Discovery Catalog.
For a list of all journals to which the library has digital access, click here to view our A-to-Z Journals List.
Items marked with an asterisk (*) may be accessed remotely by DHS students, faculty, and residents through our proxy server.
- ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials PLUS * (watch a tutorial on how to use this database here)
- JSTOR Religion & Theology Collection* – The library has also arranged for temporary access to the Arts & Sciences, Life Sciences, Lives of Literature, and Ireland collections through June 30, 2023.
- Philosophy Documentation Center *
- Library of Latin Texts
- Past Masters Collections – including:
- The Works of St. Augustine
- Chinese Classics I: Philosophy
- Petrus Lombardus: Sententiarum libri IV
- The Works of Niccolò Machiavelli
- The Complete Works of Michel de Montaigne
- The Complete Works of Montesquieu
- The Enneads of Plotinus
- The Presocratic Writings
- Francisco Suarez, Opera Omnia
- Giambattista Vico: Opere
- The Collected Works and Correspondence of Chauncey Wright
Also available for library use at the computer workstations: BibleWorks 10
Other Online Resources
These resources provide public access to some or all of the items in their collections.
- Directory of Open Access Books
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Google Books
- Google Scholar
- Hathi Trust
- Open Access Publishing in European Networks
- Open Research Library
- Open access content on JSTOR and Project Muse
- PhilPapers: Online Research in Philosophy
- Project Gutenberg
- Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht eLibrary
- Patrons may also check WorldCat.org to see a list of libraries worldwide that hold a particular item.
It all starts at the DHS!
Investing in future leaders of the Dominican Order starts with an investment in their studies and formation.